Freitag, 24. Februar 2017

90 - Day Challenge, Day 2

First disappointments and how to deal with it.

Hello Dear Reader.

Today I had been working with the first chapter of the languager Course from Cornelsen. I copied the first dialog down to my notepad. I translated every single word and noticed some really interesting things in the Turkish language. The grammar is completely different. For example have they got a question particle.

Engl:  Is there Bread?
Turk: Ekmek var ? (Bread there-is "question particle")


I really like that and it reminds me of Latin, where you have a "-ne" as a particle but it is not that often used then the "mı".

This is an interesting feature and if you think about it, even easier than changing the whole sentence structure for a question. I hope for more fascinating features.

But I have also got an disappointment. It is like this: There are certain exercises which give you some phrases for common sentences, greetings and the numbes. But it is always (even in the audio file!!) a sequence of German - Turkish - German - Turkish. And it is so annoying. I think that you learn phrases the best if you do not hear the translation all the time! For examples numbers: You should hear the sequence of the numbers and combine them with the Characters 1-10, not with the words one - ten. This would be much more effective since you do not associate words with each other but pictures.

That is something that annoys me, but otherwise the Dialogs are easy to understand and describing scenes in every-day life.

I am now even more enthusiastic and I want to practice a little bit for going to buy food next week. So I have to learn the numbers 1-100, some basic greetings, questions on how to buy things in a supermarket and the names of some food.

This is my goal for next week. Together with a tandem-partner from Turkey I will create such a list and have some dialogs. What is really important to me is keeping it interesting.

Thank you for reading!
Until tomorrow :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen